The Novice Program supports rowers who are new to crew or returning after a long hiatus. Most rowers will spend 7-9 months with this group. Novice members may race, if they choose, with the coaches’ permission; USRowing allows rowers to compete in the masters novice category for two years, which begins with the date of the rower’s first race.
- Three practices/week: $360/per quarter, or $120/month
- Annual equipment fee: $100, due August 1
Dues cover just about everything you’ll do at the boathouse, from the equipment to the dedicated coaching — think of it as roughly $10 per two-hour practice. (Compare that cost to a gym and/or personal trainer!) Dues do not cover regatta costs.
Free 2-Week Trial
Row with us for 2 weeks free of charge.
- Participate in all water practices and workouts, up to 3 days per week. How many is up to you.
- On the first day, get a boathouse orientation and ride in the launch with the coach.
- After that, the coach will put you in lineups.
- At the end of 2 weeks, you can decide whether you’d like to join the program.
This is a very good way to learn about the coach, the rowers and the program. If you’re interested, complete and send the form at right. We’ll contact you to answer any questions and to arrange your particiation.